How to Fix PS5 Error Code NW-102311-8?
Have you ever experienced the PlayStation 5 communication problem NW-102311-8? If you said yes, you can find some answers here. WE offer some useful ideas for you to fix it in this post.
Network issues are what led to the NW-102311-8 error on the PlayStation 5. You might be unable to use the PlayStation Network as a result. You may be really bothered by this error. Below are a few helpful answers. To correct this error, you can pick the one you prefer.
Solution 1. Restart the Console
You can utilise restart to help you fix a variety of errors, including error code NW—102311-8. This method can almost always be used to repair basic mistakes. Therefore, you can attempt rebooting your system to fix this error if your PlayStation 5 is not functioning properly.
Solution 2. Restart Your Modem and Router
You could have network connection problems like NW-102311-8 if your modem or router is malfunctioning. Fortunately, a restart will fix them.
The modem and router can be refreshed with a restart. After waiting for 20 seconds, turn off the router and modem. Then restart them and join your PS5 to see if the issue has been resolved.
Solution 3. Change the DNS Settings
You might want to try using a different DNS if your internet and the PSN network are both functioning normally but you still can’t access some PSN functions. A mechanism called DNS basically converts domain names into understandable IP addresses.
You will experience a problem here if the online services you are attempting to access are incompatible with the DNS server your ISP has given you access to. To modify the DNS settings, do the following:
- To set up an internet connection, go to Settings > Network > Settings.
- Select the network you are currently using after navigating to it.
- choose Advanced Settings from the menu after that.
- Navigate to DNS Settings and choose Manual.
- The Primary DNS and Secondary DNS will then appear.
- In the Primary DNS field, enter “220.127.116.11”.
- Type “18.104.22.168” under Secondary DNS and select it.
- Select OK on the right after that. Hold off till your PS5 runs a network test.
- Once finished, you must verify that the issue has been rectified.
Solution 4. Update System Software
You can also attempt updating the system software to fix this error if none of the aforementioned fixes are successful. You must update the system software using a USB flash drive since the NW-102311-8 issue is a network connection fault. The following are some options for updating the system software:
- To format the USB drive as FAT32, connect it to your computer.
- Then, on the USB flash drive that has been formatted, make a folder called “PS5”.
- Create a new folder inside that one called “UPDATE.”
- Save the update file to the “UPDATE” folder after downloading it. Save the document as “PUP.”
- Connect your PS5 console to the USB drive that contains the file.
- Shut off your PS5 system.
- To start in Safe Mode, press and hold the Power button once more until you hear two beeps.
- By using a USB cable to connect your controller to the console, couple them together by pressing the PS button on the controller.
- Choose the third option, Update System Software, in Safe Mode.
- Select OK after choosing Update from USB Storage Device.
If your PS5 console does not identify the file, you should check whether the letter case is correct.
How to Fix PS5 Error Code NW-102311-8? FAQ:
How do I fix DNS error on PS5?
Go to DNS settings in the Network Settings, and configure your network settings with the number of the public DNS that is free and open to the public by companies or organizations. If the above does not solve the problem, the line is likely to be temporarily busy. Please leave it for a while and try again later.
How do you fix error code NW 102308 4?
Turn off your router and modem, and wait at least 5 minutes, then restart it. Update the firmware of your router. (For details on how to update, please contact the router vendor.) If possible, try opening these ports.
What is the best DNS server for PS5?
Best DNS Servers for PS5
- Editor’s choice. Google Public DNS.
- Best privacy. Cloudflare DNS.
- Best user control. OpenDNS.